North Dobrogea Monasteries
Another place of worship belonging to the monastery town of Macin Fount is located about 1 kilometer from the village, on the road leading to Cerna. Positioned adjacent to the quarry and the foothills Macin Fount monastery, built in 2005, it is sheltered from the bustle of the city and offers moments of silence believers.
Fountain cure Macin Mountains
In the meadow next mănăsirea Fount is a place for camping, where măcinenii going to spend time in nature, various celebrations. At the end of the clearing at the foot Macin source is called Fountain of cure. The first Friday after Easter when Orthodox Christians celebrate Fount, Fountain has held a healing service.
The legend of this place is a sad one. It is said that many years ago, to where now is the city Macin Stroe shepherd lived with his wife. Wealthy family, everything lacked the two was a child. After much prayer, they had a good and beautiful girl. Having reached marriageable age, the young lady lost her parents, but not faith in God, trying, even after the death of his family, to respect his promise, which is to be always good. Not sociable girl always sat in the house, praying. Some of the inhabitants of that area called it the “Holy Stroe.”
At one point, a plague swept over the village and many of the peasants’ children fell ill with fever and died. Some farmers thought “Holy Stroe” is guilty for what happened and, one night, several men kidnapped the girl, took her into the woods, killed her and buried her by a rock shaded by towering trees. The next day, near a clear spring gushed rock and any sick person drink or wash with spring water heals miraculously. Next, there is the habit of taking water from the Fountain of cure.
Celic Dere Monastery
Leaving behind milled, tourists can continue visiting the monastery Celic Dere holidays, located 28 km from Tulcea, between villages Posta and Teliţa the valley of Cilicia. Buses in Tulcea – Cataloi – Teliţa stop right in front of the monastery Celic-Dere, so that access is facilitated by place of worship.
The place of worship was founded between 1841 – 1844 by Athanasius Lisavenco, Archimandrite, and Paisie Schemamonk as mixed monastery. Then, for 10 years, the monastery was abandoned and destroyed during the Crimean War. In 1846, the monks built a monastery were Cilicia Netherlands – Manas current Saon – and convent for nuns Celic stay. Monastery resembles a village with scattered farms, having even a museum, organized the workshop former religious painting and weaving carpets, which are, among others, several copies of old Romanian. Also in the monastery courtyard is a windmill, considered an architectural monument.
One of the most famous places of worship in Tulcea, Cocos monastery is located 6 kilometers away from the town Niculiţel and about 35 kilometers west of Tulcea. Led by monks, the monastery has as patrons Cocos Pentecost (big church) and St. Nicholas (chapel). Cocos Monastery was founded in 1833 by three Romanian monks of Mount Athos come Visarion (former hieromonk Neamt Monastery) Gherontie and Jesse.
Positioned in a secluded spot at the foot of a hill, Cocos monastery talked about the first time in 1679 when the first documentary, was the existence of a monastery of hermits, invasions sacked weather. A long time ago, on the hill near the monastery was heard, one night, singing a wild rooster, accompanied by a beating chop, hence the name may come to the place of worship. The monks say they still hear this song. The monastery was severely affected by the 1940 earthquake and fire in July 1947, when burned steeple and bells melted, and was restored between 1954-1956 and 1957-1959. In 1971, the municipality Niculiţel, near the monastery, archaeological excavations have brought to light a crypt that housed the relics of four martyrs, they are, in fact, first discovered in our country: Zoticos, Attali Kamasis and Philippos. After two years of Discover, Orthodox Church Synod decided that the relics of four saints be submitted in four shrines Cocos Monastery.
Currently, Cocos monastery has an important collection of religious books, gathered from all parishes in Tulcea County, and a museum with old icons and religious artifacts.
The third monastery, which completes the triangle of the three places of worship in Dobrogea (Rooster – Celic-Dere – Saône), known Romanian and foreign tourists, is Saon, which is at a distance of 11 kilometers Niculiţel in Tulcea.
Saon was founded in 1846 during the Ottoman rule, the departure of the monks from the monastery Celic-Dere. As a result, those who came here to Saon raised some adobe huts and a chapel that Celic-Dere monastery subdued. Saon Monastery, the big church housed the relics of saints Vichente, Maxim Greece, Metropolitan Innocent, Epictetus Astion priest and monk, scrape with them is always exposed pilgrims worship. Also here are also found pieces of garments that belonged to Saint John the New in Suceava, Pious Paraskeva and St. Gregory Decapolitul, and a piece of wood of the Cross. The monks of the monastery not only deals but also by increasing peacocks, place of worship impressing therefore very colorful feathers and birds and rich.